Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Countdown to Christmas: 25 Days WHITE RABBIT! WHITE RABBIT! WHITE RABBIT!

For years my son, Ross, and I have a tradition that was derived from a tradition I learned in college from my friend, Tracy. On the first of the month I attempt to "White Rabbit!" him before he"White Rabbit[s]!" me in order to have good luck throughout the month...or at least BETTER luck than who got "White Rabbit[ed]).

Yes, it is for real!
"Rabbit rabbit rabbit" is one variant of a common British superstition which states that a person should say or repeat the word "rabbit" or "rabbits", or "white rabbits", or some combination of these elements, out loud upon waking (or first moment) on the first day of the month, because doing so will ensure good luck for the duration of that month.



No comments:

Post a Comment