Monday, August 6, 2018

OOAK Porcelain CrEePy Clowns Dolls by Geri G. Taylor 2016



Sadly, I have been remiss in posting anything interesting on my blog, but that doesn't mean I haven't had a creative daze or two!

My CrEePy Clowns have become another fun way to repurpose and create one of a kind art from mass produced porcelain clown dolls.

Rusty

One of my very first repaints was a 12" Dynasty porcelain clown. But I went the direction of the Gothic Girls and they took up a lot of my creative time.


My second clown was an adorable music box! He and the rest of CrEePy Clowns featured in this post are my 2016 series.

I purchased some common Heritage Mint clowns that stand about 16"-17" and a few Dynasty dolls that are up to 20". I try to keep my costs low but generally, these dolls costs about $20 plus shipping online and they are hard to find in second hand stores.

Patches
Patches
I prefer a couple of the Dynasty molds. One is a hobo (especially without the ball nose)and the other is a circus clown like the one I used on my first CrEePy Clown. I also prefer clowns that can be bald because they don't have the hole in the top like porcelain dolls that need inset eyes and I can choose to add hair or not. I also like molds with ears.

Tex
Tex
Chuckles
Chuckles


Ziggy
Bobo
Bobo
Ziggy

Dinky
Dinky

No comments:

Post a Comment