Monday, February 9, 2015

“Sponsored” by my husband: Most definitely!

Read this first!



“Sponsored” by my husband: Why it’s a problem that writers never talk about where their money comes from



I loved this blogpost and immediately accepted her challenge to tell my story!



My needs and wants are clearly met by the success of my husband's career as a pilot and all the opportunities that it has provided for our family.



Unfortunately, this lifestyle comes with the great sacrifice of his being away approximately 50% of the time.



That being said, I have a lot of "free" time on my hand to be creative; however, it was my intention when pursuing my writing, that I would find a way to pay for the expenses incurred without tapping into the family funds. I sold my china to pay for college courses on writing, and a lot of my collectibles on eBay, Craigslist, and Facebook to pay for other expenses like purchasing printed books, paying for RWA and SinC memberships, and miscellaneous advertising costs. My working as a substitute teacher has covered some of these expenses as well. At this point, my debut novel, The Kitchen Dance has not earned back what I've invested.



So, I would definitely be a "starving artist" if not for his support.










No comments:

Post a Comment