Sunday, December 7, 2014

Countdown to Christmas: 19 Days From Boring to Busy: Making Sure My Santas Have Something To Do!

I blogged previously on the topic of making your own heirloom Santas and here is another example of something I did to add a little extra to an otherwise boring gift giver.


 I can't recall where I purchased this Santa. He may have come from a recent collection I purchased or he was tucked in my china cabinet and I pulled him out while I was dusting and inadvertently mixed him in with the others. Either way...I thought he looked a bit boring and was in need of something important to do other than carry around a bundle of switches. I mean really, Santa, there are some good little boys and girls.

I happened upon a shop in Alexandria, LA called "New 2 U Resale Shop" (I think?) and found these little handmade cuties in a basket full of ornaments.



 I think they were just what this particular Santa needed.  I just realized that Santa's plaid pants and hat are not very visible in these photos. So, you'll just have to believe me when I say that the addition of the ornaments really perked him up and doesn't he look merrier!


No comments:

Post a Comment